Re: [photran] Newcomer need Help

Hi Lucas,

On Tuesday 29 May 2007 15:39, Lucas Hii wrote:
> I recently downloaded the photran-3.1-beta2-full-win32, follow the tutorial
> on setting up Photran to work with the F
> compiler.<ftp://ftp.swcp.com/pub/walt/F/photran.pdf>However I got
> stuck while trying to make a file. I press the build button
> which i get "no file to make" message on the console.
>
> I don't have a makefile and I don't know how to make one. Does the phortran
> makes a makefile itself?

   I'm only new to this myself and use a different Fortran (Gnu-Fortran on Linux) but, having said that, I wonder whether (a) you have selected the managed-make option, (b) you have selected the correct compiler or "project type", and (c) whether the source file has an appropriate extension.

   The build process should be initiated when you save the source.

   If there's a managed-make option for your Fortran compiler, then creating the project probably involves (New > Project... > Managed Make Fortran Project > Next [enter project name] > Next [select project type from the drop-down list] > ...).

   Gnu-Fortran expects particular source-file extensions (for example "test.f95") and any old file extension (e.g. "test.for") will not be recognised by the compiler, which leads to the "nothing to build" diagnostic.  Maybe something similar is the case with the "F" compiler?

   Hope this helps....

Regards,
David

Back to the top