From: photran-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:photran-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Simon Rees
Sent: 31 January 2007 05:58
To: photran@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [photran] Problems looking at variables during debugging

Hi,

I have just started using Photran this week (the 3.1 bundle on Windows XP). I have been compiling and running programs fine but am frustrated by not being able to look at some variables when debugging. I repeatedly get the message: "Attempt to extract a component of a value that is not a structure" when stepping through the code. I also see lots of spurious variables such as 'U209' in the variables window that do not bare any resemblence to variables in the code. I am guessing there is some problem with the symbols and I am missing a compiler flag somewhere but haven't been able to figure this out. Can you help please?

Thanks, Simon

Back to the top