[photran] Fortran parser to track the connection between Fortran 'classes' or file I/O

Hi all,

I installed Photran on my WinXP system and everything works fine. The reason I installed Photran was that I am currently looking for a Fortran parser. I am working on a project that visualizes data flow within Java projects that means I get a view how classes are connected to each other. Anyway, I am looking for a Fortran parser which reads Fortran source code and produces an output file where I can track/follow the connection between ‘classes’ (if it would be OO Fortran) or also some file I/O.

E.g. I have a class called class1 which has a variable of type class2. That means there is a connection between class1 and class2. This information should be extracted from the parser I am looking for.

Or: class1 writes to an output file. This file I/O should be apparent in the output file produced by the parser.

I was looking for some Photran documentation to figure out if there is a parser which would help me to get the results I need, but I couldn’t find anything about it in the documentation.

Maybe one of you guys has an idea of how to get those results or maybe there is a tool included in the Photran package to solve this problem?

Thank you for any ideas.

Patrick

Back to the top