Re: [photran] gdb

Your settings should be fine.  I am running the same settup (only Fedora
Core 5 instead of Suse).  Make sure that you are compiling with
debugging information.  If you have never done that, you just add a -g3
to your command line option.  For instance, if you are compiling the
program test.f, the line in your make file would be:

  all :
  	gfortran -g3 test.f -o test

If you then want to debug test.f, you should select the filename in the
project selector, and goto 'debug as' and select 'local C/C++'.  I think
that it will ask you for the type of debugger that you want to use and
select 'GDB' (I can't remember exactly what the option is called).  Then
the view will change to debug and a bunch of stuff will display to the
console (don't worry if it says something about stopping due to shared
library event).  If you have break points set, when you hit the play
button (located in the debug pane) it will go to that point; otherwise
it should just go.

Your local variables are viewable in the variables pane, but global
(common) variables aren't present.  Although I think that other
debuggers will show the common variables?  Hopefully this is helpful to
you, and if there are still problems, please try again.

Cory Nardin