Re: [photran] Photran works slowly on some systems

Miguel Hermanns schrieb:
Hi Jeffrey,

I'm also experiencing a very slow Photran, mainly when typing text in the editor. I'm running it on a Debian Etch machine with Sun J2RE 1.5.0. Also the previous version of Photran (3.0) was already slower than the previous-previous one (2.1), always regarding typing in the editor.

I made the same experience using SuSE 10.0/JVM Sun 1.5.0/Photran 3.0. Typing in the editor is rather slow. IMO a bit too slow to accept it.

On Windows 2000 using the same version of Photran and Java (and on the same computer) the speed of the editor is pretty good.

The computer is a Pentium 4, 1,8 GHz, 512 MB RAM.

Another item: The Comment/Uncomment function (CTRL /) do not work in the Linux version but in Windows.

Best regards,

Hani

Back to the top