Re: [photran] gdb

On 3/16/06 1:36 PM, "Charles Brillon" <charles.brillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> I'm not sure wether this has to do with photran or gdb, but the
> variables (especially arrays) don't seem to be  printing properly.
> Moreover the local variables won't show if your program is in
> different files.

The first problem is because gdb is really a C debugger, and Fortran arrays
don't look like C arrays.  Photran reuses the CDT interface to gdb, and it
really ought to have a custom interface that reformats the variables when
necessary.  Of course, different Fortran compilers do it differently, so we
are going to have to be able to customize it for different compilers.  This
is not on the to-do list of Jeff and Spiros, because their goal is
refactoring.  It is on the to-do list of Brian and me, though we are hoping
that we can do it using some undergrads rather than have to do it ourselves.

I don't know about the problems with different files.

-Ralph Johnson

Back to the top