[photran] Bug reporting

I forgot to mention this in my last post. If you report a bug in Bugzilla, *please* read their bug reporting guidelines. My reports are terrible, but that's okay because (I was in a rush and) either I will be fixing them or I will be talking to the people who fix them. :-> If you report a bug, please:

- make the summary line short but very detailed and specific
- give enough detail that we can replicate the bug
- give exact error messages
- specify your platform, Photran version, Eclipse version
- include a stripped-down .log, if relevant

To elaborate on the fourth point:

Close Eclipse. In your workspace directory, go into the .metadata folder, and delete the file named ".log". Then start Eclipse, do whatever it takes to cause the error, and exit immediately. If that .log file is recreated, then Photran logged an exception, and we need to know that, so please include it with your bug report.

Jeff

Back to the top