Re: [photran-dev] New refactorings for Fortran

Hi Gustavo,

my work I developed three new refactorings, and I would like to submit them to Photran, so that other users could use them in their Fortran

This is great!  We love new contributions.  :-)

To contribute these to Photran, there are a few steps we'll have to go through.

(1) Please open a Bugzilla bug for each refactoring (go to http://eclipse.org/photran and click on "Report a Bug"), and change the Severity field to "enhancement."

(2) For each refactoring, create a patch (in Eclipse, select the affected files and choose Team > Create Patch) and attach it to the bug. If you have a problem creating a patch, please let me know, and just attach the source files to the bug.

(3) Then, the patches will go through an intellectual property (IP) review at the Eclipse Foundation. As long as you wrote all of the code yourself (i.e., didn't copy pieces from SourceForge or Wikipedia or something), this should be painless.

(4) If they're accepted, I'll ask you to add a brief section to the Photran 6.0 Advanced Features manual - http://wiki.eclipse.org/PTP/photran/documentation/photran6advanced - so our users will know how to use them.

Again, thanks a lot!  I'm looking forward to getting these into Photran.

Jeff

Back to the top