Re: [photran-dev] Final Beta

Is it going to be on Eclipse 3.3 or 3.4?

...Beth

Beth Tibbitts (859) 243-4981 (TL 545-4981)
High Productivity Tools / Parallel Tools http://eclipse.org/ptp
IBM T.J.Watson Research Center
Mailing Address: IBM Corp., 745 West New Circle Road, Lexington, KY 40511
Inactive hide details for Jeffrey Overbey <subscribe-photran-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxx>Jeffrey Overbey <subscribe-photran-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

          Jeffrey Overbey <subscribe-photran-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Sent by: photran-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

          07/01/08 03:44 PM

          Please respond to
          overbey2@xxxxxxxx; Please respond to
          Photran Developer Information <photran-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Photran Developer Info <photran-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

cc

Subject

[photran-dev] Final Beta

I am going to try to put together a final beta of Photran within the week, unless there are any objections. This was originally supposed to happen a month ago, but I've been busy at IBM and fixing residual bugs. Depending on what happens with the project, hopefully we can either do a full, official release of Photran in August/September or an official release with PTP later this the year.

This beta has some nice new features (content assist, Fortran Declaration view, Find All References) and is significantly more scalable -- it handles the Parallel Ocean Program reasonably well, even with content assist, Declaration view, and refactoring/analysis enabled. I believe that's a big step forward.

Jeff