[photran-dev] Elections of Mikhail Sennikovsky, Leo Treggiari, and Bill Hilliard

Ralph,
These three nominations are a bit weak in the explanations of the candidates qualifications to be Photran Committers. While I believe that you feel they should be Committers, the nominations and elections are also to demonstrate to the larger Eclipse community the candidate's qualifications. "This is a long-overdue nomination" doesn't help the rest of the community because it doesn't explain their contributions. We like to see specific reference to bugs fixed, code contributed, users helped, etc.  "is a CDT committer" doesn't explain why this person should be a Photran committer. "contributed the Managed Build support" is good, but is there a bug number associated with that?
Please don't get me wrong - I'm happy to have new enthusiastic committers on the Photran project (on any project), but we do need to respect the larger Eclipse community and provide an explanation of why we are doing various things (such as nominating these new committers).  Please send an email to photran-dev and technology-pmc explaining a bit more about why these candidates should be Committers.

- Bjorn

Mikhail Sennikovsky was nominated by Ralph Johnson as follows: This is also a long-overdue nomination. Mikhail serves as backup support
for Intel integration and is also a CDT committer.

Leo Treggiari was nominated by Ralph Johnson as follows: This is also a long-overdue nomination. Leo serves as backup support for
Intel integration and is also a CDT committer.

Bill Hilliard was nominated by Ralph Johnson as follows: This is a long-overdue nomination. Bill contributed Managed Build support
for Intel Fortran and serves as the primary developer and maintainer of the
Intel integration.

Back to the top