[photran-dev] Plan, etc.

Ralph and I spent most of today trying to make Photran a less non-compliant Eclipse project.

We have a project plan posted under Contributor Info on the web site. In particular, we want to have a full 4.0 release later this summer, or as soon as we can get a release review together and complete IP due diligence on some of the contributed code.

We will be fortunate to have 84 new developers on Photran this fall: All of the students in the Software Engineering course at UIUC will work in groups to either add a feature or fix a bug in Photran. We don't expect all of the groups to produce something useful; the goal is really to show them what configuration management, IP issues, metrics, etc. are like on a "real" project (or real enough, anyway). But hopefully we'll get a few nice features out of it.

We would also like to begin a move out of the Incubation phase after our 4.0 release (which is why we haven't gone through much trouble to become Incubator-compliant). Perhaps a move to Tools, perhaps staying in Technology...

If there are comments/suggestions, this would be a good time to discuss them.

Jeff

Back to the top