[phoenix-epic-dev] Removal of EPIC Forums

Good Morning,

In the past two weeks the forums of EclipsePluginCentral have been inundated with spam.  Recently I’ve implemented some captchas to prevent the spam on the forums but it does not seem to be working.  In the last 2 weeks I have deleted over 7000 spam posts from our forums.  While doing this I’ve come to the realization that the forums on our site are not really being used by anyone but the spammers.   As such I’ve decided to close the forums and remove them from the website.

I’ll be sending out this email to the plugin maintainers shortly to explain the situation.

Nathan Gervais - nathan@xxxxxxxxxxx

Web Developer

The Eclipse Foundation

Back to the top