[phoenix-epic-dev] EPIC Security Breach

All,

Just so everyone knows we have taken EPIC offline.  We have discovered that an intruder has injected malware into the site and is potentially infecting IE users.  Matt is in the processes of scanning the site looking for malicious code.  He will bring the site up only after he is convinced the problem has been erased.

FYI, we believe the intruder gained access by to EPIC using the username and password of an admin account.   Once they were logged on they were able to inject the code and also send spam messages to registered users.

We have sent an e-mail to all registered users and we will put a notice on EPIC.

Fyi, Nathan is out this week on vacation.  Matt is helping out with the technical side.   I am actually leaving tomorrow morning for vacation.  Please include Matt, Nathan and Denis on any communications.

Ian

Ian Skerrett

Director of Marketing

Eclipse Foundation