Sent: Friday, May 04, 2007 10:12 PM
Subject: [work] Re: [phoenix-epic-dev] EPIC Homepage Prototype

On May 4, 2007, at 10:44 AM, Ian Skerrett wrote:

However, we have also been trying to give exposure to more member plugins; the goal being to drive up the number of click thru’s for all member plugins.  The last time I did an analysis, a disproportional amount of activity is directed toward about 20 plugins.   I think it would be beneficial to the entire community to see this number increase.   We are hoping to accomplish this by given more prominence to the new and update and the featured plugin category.   However, I think we can look at creating more of a balance.

This comment concerns me. IMHO the top 20 plugins probably earned the attention they get. Doing things to artificially "balance" this might really backfire. I'm guessing that at least one of the "top 20" plugins belongs to Instantiations, so I admit my bias. If we felt that we were being "balanced" it would dramatically diminish our zeal for EPIC. A level playing field is one thing, trying to find ways to "balance" the success of some plugins so that they get more (or less) attention than they earn is unappealing.
MikeT

Back to the top