RE: [phoenix-epic-dev] EPIC Homepage Prototype

This really wasn’t about revenue but allow companies to get more exposure on the EPIC site.

Yup, will be addressed in the next phase

Not sure if I agree.  I think our survey shows people want to learn about plugins and less about news information.

>>>  Need a fast track to a plugin.  Search field could solve this and it is too general anyway.  How about a search field with too buttons: "lookup a plugin" (which goes to the plugin page) and "search the site"  And put it in more in the center.

I’m not sure if I understand what you are suggesting.  The categories are listed on the left hand side and there is a tab at the top called ‘plugin’ that takes you to the complete catalog.   I also believe the search field as it works now, would accomplish what you are suggesting.  Not sure why we would need another button?

 This is just a sample poll.  The idea is to have content that keeps people coming back to EPIC and to interact more often.

OK

We should look at starting a distro category.

There is actually an entire section for EPIC on the home page.  If you click on the any of the listing it takes you to EPIC listing and if you click on the title it takes you to the EPIC home page.  That being said, we are looking at changing the eclipse.org skin to include links to EPIC and maybe Eclipse Live.  Conversely, the EPIC skin would have links to eclipse.org and Eclipse Live.

Eric von der Heyden