[phoenix-epic-dev] EPIC Homepage Prototype

Afternoon all,

            I’ve been working for the past few weeks on a new prototype of the EPIC homepage that I’d like to gather some feedback on. Keep in mind that this is a prototype.  Nothing is set in stone and a lot of the data is made up.  It is NOT a working page.

            We’ve received some great feedback on the look and feel that were using on http://live.eclipse.org and our plan at the foundation is to bring all of our web properties in line with a common look and feel. This new prototype for EPIC is a step in that direction.

            Here is a list of the things that we tried to focus on with this new design.

-          Better Navigation of Categories

-          Less Focus on News, More on Updates / New Plugins.

-          More Focus on Featured Plugins

-          More prominent google ad.

Please visit the prototype here http://sandbox.eclipseplugincentral.net/proto/proto.php to see it in action.

Any and All feedback is welcome. This is just the first step in the process.

Nathan Gervais

Web Developer

Eclipse Foundation

[http://www.eclipse.org]