RE: [phoenix-epic-dev] EPIC EclipseCon Promotion

Title: Re: [phoenix-epic-dev] EPIC EclipseCon Promotion

I agree with Mike on using "Promotion" or  "Conference Special" instead having a "Sale".  I would also try to answer the key question on the Eclipse plugin provider's mind on how we plan to promote this special.  They are more likely to react to conference push to get the word out.  Asking them to promote this special on the plugin provider web site almost defeats the incentive.

Lastly, the "Offer a coupon or unique url on EPIC that allows the potential buyer to qualify for a discounted price." instruction leaves a lot of implementation questions on how we will facilitate the process.  We need to provide more details or at least suggest that more implementation details will follow based on their interest.  I personally think logistics details on the part of the plugin providers will be the biggest obstacle for this effort and most likely reason for them to turn it down.

- Make sure that if a provider has several products they can only list one or two or whatever, but not necessarily all, of those they have on EPIC. For example, we might want to do a WindowBuilder promotion, but not do one for CodePro.

Back to the top