[phoenix-epic-dev] RE: Member Visibility Call

Attachments this time.

From: Donald Smith [mailto:donald.smith@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: October 18, 2006 1:04 PM
To: 'The EPIC component of Phoenix'; 'DRose@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'; 'mark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'
Subject: Member Visibility Call

Hi,

Results of the call are posted on the WIKI:
http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/Member_Visibility_on_EPIC

Our next call will be at 12:30pm EST on October 26th (Thursday).
Dial in: Direct 416-640-4122 Toll-Free 877-579-4178 Participant Passcode: 951195#

We quickly zeroed in on a key issue - will end users care if a plugin is from a member or not?  Will users understand what it means?

Suggestion is to make use of a "Featured" concept on results pages.  For example, see the "before" and "after" images attached - the goal would be to make member plugins "featured" on search results.  But users could disregard and find all plugins and sort on other criteria.  Also, the "what's this" would describe that the featured plugins are not for fee, but for members, and would explain membership and any logos we use to denote such.

We did not get into Adwords on this call, but homework is to consider where it may go and how we may integrate it on EPIC.

Cheers,

  - Don

--
Donald Smith  donald.smith@xxxxxxxxxxx