From: phoenix-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:phoenix-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Karl Matthias
Sent: Thursday, September 11, 2008 12:02 PM
To: For developers on the new Eclipse.org website project.
Subject: Re: [phoenix-dev] New Homepage / User Page Prototypes

Hey Denis,

Denis Roy wrote:
- Karl: I'm not sure what issues you have with the header. Could you perhaps do a mock-up of what you have in mind? The issue I have with the header that was on Bjorn's mockups is that the Eclipse logo was much too small. I think brand recognition is important.
**
Well I did mail them out a few times, but the main thing is that I think they're all too tall and waste space, but assuming that we aren't going to change that because of all the other pages, I think the WWW one needs to not be so plain. It looks like a lot of blank space up there and doesn't contribute to the layout at all. At least we could put some kind of image in there like all the other pages have so it looks less bland. If we can relocate legal and contacts and eliminate the white cutout at the same time that would be good. Or leave them there and use the header layout from dash.eclipse.org with an added image to represent the main page. Not sure what image is good, maybe just a much bigger, abstracted planet?

**We've lost the Pillars. I think the Pillars were the best thing since sliced bread for our new users. My original thought was to feature the Pillars on the Users page.
Maybe I'm the only one, but I'm not sure what you're talking about. Do you mean the news items?

Karl