Re: [phoenix-dev] Open Source Web Analytics (Piwik) vs GoogleAnalytics

Nathan Gervais schrieb:
With Google Analytics at least there is a method to add this type of logic
using goals / conversions etc.

Ha. So maybe I don't understand this feature in particular but a "goal / conversion" in QA is simply an URL that you set. I set three goals on one of my pages but I don't really see the value of that GA feature. Effectively you are counting hits to an URL plus some nice math to give you the percentage compared to total hits, etc.

You can use Apache access logs for this kind of "goal / conversion" tracking. No need fo Piwik or GA. But maybe I oversee some other magic behind that GA feature?

-Gunnar

--
Gunnar Wagenknecht
gunnar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx