[phoenix-dev] First steps towards a better eclipse.org website

Title: New Page 1
Phoenix-oids,
As many of you know, I think our website could be much much better (that's the "safe for the public version of my opinion" :-)  As I've been thinking about what needs to be done, I realize that we don't have a clear definition of what a "good Eclipse website" does for the community, ecosystem, and the Foundation. In commercial website land, they measure conversion: the converting of a visitor into a sale. Given that the Eclipse Foundation doesn't sell anything, what should we measure - our conversion if you will - to verify that our website is doing a good job for the ecosystem?

An obvious thing to measure is downloads, but that's too narrow for what we are trying to accomplish, but it's definitely one aspect of our "conversion" number.  Additionally, we could measure click-through to member companies.  And we could include downloads of articles, live events, clicks to plug-in-central downloads, clicks that end up at mailing list or newsgroup archives, ... and (of course) when we have EclipseCon or Eclipse Summit Europe active, we can measure conversion to registrations there.

Do you all have additional ideas about what we should be measuring as "success" for the Eclipse websites?
- Bjorn
--
[end of message]

Back to the top