RE: [phoenix-dev] EclipseCon Promotion on the Homepage

Great Idea Nick!

Here’s what I’ve done.   Instead of creating a new skin I’ve added a new parameter to $App.

$App->Promotion = TRUE;

Its pretty simple to use. You’ll need to call it before you call $App->generatePage(…);   As a nice side effect if you put the code into _projectCommon.php file it should enable it for all your pages recursively in a given directory.

I’ve commited the changes necessary to make this happen to phoenix.eclipse.org.

Changes include app.class.php and promotion.php (/e.o-c/themes/phoenix/promotion.php)

I’d like to make this live ASAP.  I’ll let the list know when this is actually enabled on the live site.

Nathan Gervais - nathan@xxxxxxxxxxx

Web Developer

The Eclipse Foundation