[phoenix-dev] /projects/ page experiment

I went ahead and prototyped a landing page for /projects. This prototype is, IMO, a good compromise between the candy-coloured big-buttons page and the current bland-ish boxy page. Although not a design marvel or a revolution, I think it serves to illustrate that you can still exert some creative control and simplicity while conforming to a consistent L&F with the site.

http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/projects.php

Some features of this layout vs. the current (and technicolour) layout:

- The page has a title and an intro. IMO, all pages, especially top-level landing pages, should have a visible title (not just the html <title> tag) for navigational purposes. The current page has an intro, shoved off to the left.
- Has a more conventional, professional look (IMO) and it scans better
- Allows some creativity via candy-coloured icons (I just put some icons there to illustrate) while still retaining the overall L&F of the site - Gives us room to put a "spotlight" graphic, like we do on the downloads page (for EclipseCON, as an example)

With Bjorn-style icons, I think this page would be a nice landing page for /projects.

Denis

Back to the top