[phoenix-dev] Phoenix New & Noteworthy - Fall 2007

Greetings,

We've done a lot of work on the website in the past few months, and I thought a New and Noteworthy document would be a great way to highlight some of the most prominent new features.

    http://www.eclipse.org/phoenix/nn-fall07.php

A jolly old pat-on-the-back to everyone who has helped make our website a better place.

Denis

Phoenix New and Noteworthy - Fall 2007

Fresh, unified banners

The Eclipse.org websites now have fresh new banners, making our website more look more consistent and facilitating navigation.

banners

EPIC site improvements

EPIC got a facelift this summer to provide a better user experience. The improvements continued this fall with the addition of a dymanic AJAX menu which loads on demand to reduce page loads dramatically.

epic

RSS feeds for web pages

Each web page can define its own RSS feed, making it easier to subscribe to information. Please see the Phoenix documentation for code samples.

rss

RSS feeds for news and mail archives

Each newsgroup and mailing list posting is published to an RSS feed.

rss

Smarter download.php

Download begins immediately if no mirrors are found. If a specific file is not found, download.php searches the archive site, avoiding frustrating Not Found errors.

download

New project meta-data

The ProjectInfo meta-data has moved out of XML files and into the Portal. It's now much easier to maintain project meta-data.

projectinfo

--
Denis Roy
Manager, IT Infrastructure