Re: [phoenix-dev] Eclipse.org upgrade to PHP5

The test server is running the exact same PHP code in the exact same way www.eclipse.org is.  The same files, in the same locations. It's simpy running a different PHP, different Apache, and it's configured to display warnings that you don't normally see on www.eclipse.org.

So if you change code in eclipse.org-common, you need to test it on phoenix.eclipse.org, because neither www nor www-test run eclipse.org-common off the HEAD stream. I just changed the IP address of phoenix.eclipse.org to go specifically to the test site, so it may take a few hours for this to apply.  This was an oversight.

Your page content, however, is in the CVS HEAD of the website repository: /cvsroot/org.eclipse/www....  Anything you fix there should be tested on www-test.eclipse.org, but it should also work on www.eclipse.org.

Denis

Bjorn Freeman-Benson wrote:
As usual, I'm clueless about where to check in my code for the test servers. It looks like the test servers are running a copy of HEAD - so do I just my changes to fix the warnings into HEAD?

Denis Roy wrote:
To help you debug your code, PHP Warnings and Errors have been enabled on the test sites. This means that pages on eclipse.org that appear to function properly  right now actually have unresolved warnings, so don't panic if your pages show tons of warnings on the test sites -- it doesn't mean your pages are broken.  However, it is highly desirable to fix the code that is causing these warnings. Our intention is to put this server into normal production (minus the warnings, handling 1/5th of eclipse.org traffic) in about 3 weeks.

Here are the URLs you can use to test the functionality of your sites on PHP5:
http://www-test.eclipse.org/
http://download-test.eclipse.org/