Re: [phoenix-dev] Wayne needs access to the downloads site...

You're right: CVS isn't the right place.

You have access to the Phoenix downloads area. Use an SCP client, such as WinSCP (http://winscp.net/eng/index.php) and connect to download1.eclipse.org in SCP mode, using your committer id and password. In the remote server view, you should see a downloads/technology/phoenix directory. Feel free to create a directory there for your stuff, and upload away.

To link to your files, I suggest the following:

http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/download.php?r=1&file=/technology/phoenix/your-directory/yourfile.zip

This will automatically fetch the file from the user's closest available mirror. It will take about 24 hours before most mirrors have your files. As an added bonus, you'll be able to track the download counts for your screen casts using Live Download Stats in Committer Tools (https://dev.eclipse.org/committers).

Thanks,

Denis

Wayne Beaton wrote:
I need to host several large files (mostly screen cams) and the CVS
repository probably isn't the right place for them.

I believe that the downloads server is the right place for this content. Can
I have access? Please? Read/write access to an "evangelism" directory works
for me...

Thanks,

Wayne
--