Re: [phoenix-dev] A note on the release process

Title: Bjorn Freeman
Comments from Bjorn:

  1. I would suggest 7 and 7.5 be first.
  2. Is 1 for www/ or phoenix/ or both?
  3. do you mean "community/" instead of "commit/" ?
  4. why isn't 10 part of www/ ?  Why have a separate place for it?

Denis Roy wrote:

After the 2:00pm call, here is how I intend to release the new website to www.eclipse.org

1. Backup the entire site.

2. Commit the eclipse.org-common directory to the website CVS[1] (dev.eclipse.org:/cvsroot/org.eclipse/www).  Test the Mylar website.

3. Delete the community/ directory on www and commit the commit/ directory to CVS to test (low risk)

4. Repeat step 3 for each root-level directory on Phoenix

5. Replace the homepage

6. Set up two redirects for root-level RSS files to point to home/

7. Flag the Phoenix sandbox repository as read-only

7.5.  Disable WebDAV on www.eclipse.org (YAY!)

8. Send instructions to us on how to maintain the website on the live CVS-to-www.eclipse.org repository.

9. Update the Phoenix Starter Kit zipfile for http://www.eclipse.org/phoenix/ and put it in the downloads area of our project

10. Update the Phoenix "rendering engine" (eclipse.org-common) in the Phoenix project CVS repository to have our source available to all. (dev.eclipse.org:/cvstoot/technology/phoenix)

11. Set up a dev-to-phoenix.eclipse.org checkout mechanism so we (Phoenix committers, contributers) can continue working on the "rendering engine" in a sandboxed environment

12. Identify bugs that will be in our next "rendering engine" release.

Let's discuss this on our call.

[1] www.eclipse.org is already fed by CVS content in the /cvsroot/org.eclipse repository.  So is the dev.eclipse.org website, and apps.eclipse.org website.

--
Bjorn Freeman-Benson