Re: [phoenix-dev] Fixes to the skin

It's the price we're paying for cute swirls and tabs.

Eclipsezone does the same thing, but scales bigger before breaking because there are no graphics or layouts that require absolute positioning.

At some point someone will need to decide between scaling and purdy pictures, because absolute and relative don't mix well together.

Phoenix scales well when increased twice, but screws up on the third (for me). For fun, I tried scaling a dozen big commercial sites with similar results, so I don't think it's critical.

D.

Ed Burnette wrote:
I'm seeing a lot of problems with this when the font size is increased. See attached.

The Tabs are wrapping, with gaps in them.
The header lines overlap the tabs.
The search box is not scaling and creeps out of its designated area, obscuring the word "search".
The word "search" above the search box is not scaling.
The Featured downloads is encroaching into the tabs.
The Contact/Site Map/Legal links are encroaching into the search box.
Etc.

Also the area that says "Eclipse.org navigation" looks like it should be clickable but it's not.

This is with Firefox 1.5b2 on WinXPsp2.