[phoenix-dev] CSS design for Eclipse

Hi Shauna,

Here is the information you requested to get going on our stylesheets, and a summary of our discussion:

Requirements:
- one markup stylesheet that defines fonts, colors, backgrounds and images for visual items, and one layout stylesheet per page type (below) that defines positional elements such as banners, boxes and separators

- Four page types have been discussed, and wireframes have been supplied:
    - front page (3 columns)
    - news/mail archive (1 column)
    - generic content page (2 columns)
    - generic content page (1 column)

- We wish to design our new website without using nested tables to determine positioning

- CSS stylesheets must adhere to W3C standards as much as possible for cross-browser compatibility

During our meeting I incorrectly specified that we would do the xhtml page using the CSS you create. We would like for you to create one sample xhtml page for each page type listed above (4 pages).

Here are the documents you requested:

- The visual skin
http://dev.eclipse.org/newslists/news.eclipse.technology.phoenix/msg00080.html

This is for reference only. The creator of that skin agreed to submit his work in psd format tomorrow. I will send you this as soon as I get it.

- the wireframes document
http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/phoenix-dev/msg00148.html

Although you have a paper copy of three page layouts (news, content-2 and content1), the above link has the PDF version

- a prototype front-page layout with a bogus skin
http://www.eclipse.org/phoenix/prototypes/canary/index.html

- A link illustrating an example of the CSS functionality we're looking for (markup and layout) - for reference
http://www.alistapart.com/articles/slashdot/

If there is any other information you need, please contact me.

Thanks,

Denis

--
Denis Roy