[phoenix-dev] Team meeting minutes - June 29/05

Here are the minutes of this morning's team meeting.

Who was there?
Susan
Ian
Mike
Bjorn
Andrew
Sujay
Denis
Paul

* The About Us Rewrite milestone has been missed, but it will be used as an exercise on the new CMS
* Three elements are required in preparing the About Us content:
- Structure: a comprehensive, tree-view of all the content in about us [Mike, Ian, Susan]
- CMS: a CMS that supports a document level hierarchy [Paul, Denis, Sujay]
- Content: Once the CMS has been structured, the content is to be refactored in [Everyone] * Some of us vocally agreed that a tree/hierarchy structure is the way to go, information-wise and security-wise * It was reiterated that the current IA and navigation are based upon sites we have identified as being benchmarks * It has been reiterated that some highly desirable content does not exist yet, such as a FAQ * Most of us acknowledged that June was a busy month and some even verbally committed more time to the project in July

Mike suggested that we hold off on any further IA while we take the time required to get the CMS functional (two weeks). Once the CMS is functional, the team should be trained to add the About us content.

** Action items
1. Rewrite Milestones [Denis]
2. Create a stock sandbox CMS for the team to play with [Denis]
3. Customize the CMS to fit our hierarchical document model [Paul, Denis, Sujay] 4. Develop a comprehensive structure for the About Us content [Mike, Ian, Susan, Andrew] so it can be implemented on the CMS

--
Denis Roy
Manager, IT Infrastructure

Back to the top