[phoenix-dev] Progress Phoenix Friday May 13th

Title: Message
My apologies if you have received this email several times. I have been having some trouble with the mail list since Friday...

1. Requirements Gathering
  • A list of functional requirements, surveying key actions on the new site and CMS has been drafted and posted to the newsgroup for comment
  • A similar survey of usability problems and non-functional requirements is being complied
  • There has been some discussion around the home page quick fix, what users would like to see and site accessibility
  • A site model is currently being drafted and will be made available next week to the project team for comment. The site model will help identify the navigation, vocabulary and general layout of eclipse.org. It should also enable us to storyboard out site content.
  • As the model progresses we will begin looking into graphic specifications
2. CMS Tool Analysis
  • the CMS analysis has been narrowed down to Xoops, Plone and Lenya
  • The phoenix team will be doing a proof of concept to kick the tires of two tools and how they manages some critical functions such as: publishing, workflow, customised templates
  • Our goal is to have a tool selected by June 1st and a site prototype using the tool completed by July 1st

Keep in mind that we are following an iterative process that is dependant on community feedback.
Comments? Issues?

All things good,
Andrew

Back to the top