Re: [phoenix-dev] Re: Canary Feedback

I propose we fix some of the content items before we impose it on folks.  In the meantime, we haven't tried posting to the What's New yet  -

Let's look at the feedback so far:
- too many links and need "teaser lines"  - Andrew had designed the page so that we included these.  As I've been updating, I've added them, but we need them for the rest of the items
- too many links and need less news, more content  - By changing the layout we've taken basically what was on 3 pages or so, and put it into one.  We've also taken the focus off the nav bar, which used to be the main but inadequate set of pointers.   So I think there are ways to further improve the usefulness of the change before it becomes the live page.

1 - we need to complete the contact page and find a home for the thank you link that just went up
2 - based on some recent threads, I'd proposed smaller blocks of news, with maybe only 3 items in each, in four categories:
 Member News - members public releases, writeups, announcements
Community News, - non-member, non-developer, releases, writeups, announcements, events
Developer News - eclipse project releases, developer-targetted articles about eclipse, OS releases, the Eclipse Corner articles
Foundation News - Foundation releases, initiatives, like the Jpn working group
3 - New to eclipse and Developer Resources boxes - I believe there is a lot of content available for both these topics and just need to get the right pointers
4 - Besides the addition of the RSS, I think folks would really appreciate an upgraded search function (if I'm allowed to include another wish list item :o)

Just my CHF 0.02
Susan

Back to the top