[phoenix-dev] Progress Phoenix Friday April 22nd

Title: Message
Just wanted to send a quick list our progress thus far, next steps and see if there are any outstanding issues we should address.

1. Phase One - "Visualisation and Analysis"
  • Our 'initial' audience persona and needs analysis is complete
  • Our project objectives and web site values have been communicated in our project proposal http://www.eclipse.org/proposals/eclipse-phoenix/index.html
  • Draft CMS Wish List is complete and has been circulated for comments through the phoenix mailing list
  • The initial best practices analysis of identified benchmark sites is complete.
    • These discussions will be compiled into a list of design and functionality targets for the eclipse.org web site to be circulated early next week. This document serve to help drive the conceptual development of Eclipses.org and will circulated for comment through the mail list.
  • Our 'identified' content audit is 90% complete
    • Eclipse Home Page
    • About us
    • Articles
    • News Groups
    • Mailing Lists
    • Community
    • Projects
    • Committers & Legal
    • WDT Project
    • CDT project
  •  Outstanding  Audit sections include:
    • Downloads
    • Eclipse Technology Top Level Project
1a. Home page "quick fix" home page is up and running. http://www.eclipse.org/phoenix/

It is a success in that it:
  • Improves the real estate and layout of our home page
  • Makes the page more scan-able and provides groupings of info
  • has generated a lot of discussion within the core team of content improvements we can be working on
  • will generate some discussion within community and 'phoenix team' of what information can be featured on the page
This page should help us with some fact finding for the phoenix project in the constructive criticism it will receive. Keep in mind that this is a quick fix and its main purpose is to generate discussion around the big picture project.

2. We are now into Phase Two "Web Site Architecture and Planning" In this phase we will begin:
  • a preliminary information architecture for eclipse.org
  • use case analysis
  • developing our directory catalogue
  • CMS Tool Analysis
  • Usability Analysis
  • developing storyboards and wire frames
  • developing graphic specification
  • compiling technical specifications
  • enterprise architecture co-ordination
Keep in mind that we are following an iterative process that is dependant on community feedback.
Comments? Issues?

All things good,
Andrew

Back to the top