[phoenix-dev] Are these questions Typical?

Title: Message

This is taken from the document Bjorn sent out re: a previous attempt to refurbish Eclipse.org. I would argue that the project objectives and values we have laid out align well with those of our predecessors but have we overlooked any information needs?

"The following questions are probably typical:

Q:  What is it?

Q:  What's a plug-in?  How do I write one?

Q:  What platforms will it run on?

Q:  Which download do I want?

Q:  Which repositories can I use it against?

Q:  What are consortium members doing?

Q:  My company is interested in moving our tooling to Eclipse -- what "real" stuff is being done with Eclipse?

Q:  My company is interested in moving to using Eclipse -- what kind of support do I get? (Note: opportunity to vector person off to Eclipse supported products including WSAD)."

What rings to mind are people deciding whether to move their products to Eclipse. Any thoughts?

Andrew

Back to the top