[phoenix-dev] Audience Persona Sheet

Title: Message
Susan,
I have compiled emails/discussions info this chart.
Obviously we are currently working from the general and slowly getting more specific and detailed. In tandem with this exercise, and the benchmark site analysis, we need a content audit so we can document the volume and complexity of the current state of the content and functionality on Eclipse.org
The three documents combined will be useful for the core team to form preliminary design and functional targets (optimisation and efficiency recommendations)

Comments Welcome
Andrew

Audience Member Title

Description

Identified Needs

Consumer

• anyone who downloads Eclipse tools but does not use Eclipse support resources

• want to use Eclipse (download specific Eclipse tool, specific information)

• articles, white papers, technology introductions

User

• person who makes use of one or more Eclipse projects (tools) to perform some function including support resources

• how to start a project (write programs)
• about the foundation
• membership information
Ask for help / read about their tools
Learn about (via push technology) updates to their tools
  Learn about (via push and pull) the future release plans for the tools they are interested in
  Learn about places they can purchase solutions to problems that Eclipse.org does not offer

Committer

• Contributor who works on one or more Eclipse projects with the ability to write to Eclipse's CVS repositories

Self management of their content within the context of a general framework
  how to start a project

  Find out about (and post) release plans

  Find out about (and post) architecture documents
  Find out about cross project information of interest, such as release and architectural and API changes, probably via a push technology
  Read and post blogs, wikis, and other iteratative information schemes to generate a collaborative discussion and documentation about the project and its code
  In general, increase the utility and validity of each bit of information posted

  Filter out "please help me" user requests

Contributor

anyone who provides content on the Eclipse website including those who:

• make a single news posting

• who work full-time contributing code to one or more Eclipse (but who for whatever reason are not a committer)
 sends an email to a mailing list,
 files a bug using Bugzilla

Self management of their content within the context of a general framework
  how to start a project

  Find out about (and post) release plans

  Find out about (and post) architecture documents
  Find out about cross project information of interest, such as release and architectural and API changes, probably via a push technology
  Read and post blogs, wikis, and other iteratative information schemes to generate a collaborative discussion and documentation about the project and its code
  In general, increase the utility and validity of each bit of information posted

  Filter out "please help me" user requests

Plug-In Developer

• has an interest in building and/or deploying one or more Eclipse plug-ins with the purpose of extending the capabilities of the Eclipse Platform

• how to start a project
Self management of their content within the context of a general framework
  how to start a project

  Find out about (and post) release plans

  Find out about (and post) architecture documents
  Find out about cross project information of interest, such as release and architectural and API changes, probably via a push technology
  Read and post blogs, wikis, and other iteratative information schemes to generate a collaborative discussion and documentation about the project and its code
  In general, increase the utility and validity of each bit of information posted

  Filter out "please help me" user requests

Corporate Member

Companies that support Eclipse and have joined the Foundation as an add-in provider and/or associate member

• provide company profile surrounding my membership

Member

• Committer who has joined the foundation as a voting member of the committer member class

Back to the top