From: Bartłomiej Łączkowski
Sent: piątek, 20 listopada 2015 15:59
To: PDT Developers
Reply To: PDT Developers
Subject: [pdt-dev] PDT and popup notifications

Hello Team,

While working on different debugger issues I thought that it would be
nice to have a possibility to show some additional info with the use of
notification pop-ups (like the ones used e.g. by Mylyn that appears at
the right bottom of the Eclipse window). In general I think it would be
very useful to have such a feature in PDT as some of the info/warning
messages should be shown as a hint rather than a "heavy" dialog message.
As far as I know there is no such support for pop-up notifications in
Eclipse Platform itself so it seems like one of the possible options is
to integrate Mylyn notifications with PDT. But of course it will require
adding some extra dependencies, etc.

So the question is: any thoughts? ideas? what would be the best solution?

Greetings,
Bart