[pdt-dev] Formalize commit / patch description patterns

I have two proposition for today.

1. Since around year, most (if not all) commit messages follow this pattern at first line:

Bug 12345 / No bug - Short bug description

I propose to make it as a standard and put information about this into our Contribution Guide [1]

2. As you probably noticed, since couple days (weeks) gerrit automatically add patch and commit links to our bugs.

To avoid confusion and questions like âIs this ready to review / IP process?â i have a proposition to add â[WIP]â prefix before bug description:

Bug 1234 - [WIP] Description

Alternative could be:
[WIP] Bug 1234 - Description

Platform UI standard. But this probably also disable gerrit bot until message update (Iâm not sure).

What do you think / prefer

[1] - https://wiki.eclipse.org/PDT/Contributing
Dawid PakuÅa
+48 795 996 064