Re: [pdt-dev] Providing an All-In-One PDT Eclipse distribution

On Wed, May 15, 2013 at 11:07 AM, Jacek Pospychała <jacek.pospychala@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
it's a great initiative and I'd love to see you succeed!
If there's anything specific from PDT side that you're missing please
don't hesitate to bug me about it. I'll do anything I can.

thanks. so far i didn't run into any major issues.

>From Eclipse Foundation side of things, I always wanted to see Eclipse
PHP package listed on http://www.eclipse.org/downloads. IMHO it has
great visibility, downloads rates for some packages are just enormous
(e.g. magnitude higher than top marketplace packages) and it's sad
that there's no package for PHP devs.

yep, it would be the goal to show up there. As Mike mentioned, there has been a package
available, but it has been removed a couple of years ago. As far as i remember the maintainer
said it would be too much work to keep maintaining it.

From what i've seen playing around with my existing  tycho build, it shouldn't be that much work to maintain it though.

Now that you're looking into
packaging, have you considered the EPP initiative? It has it's own
constraints, but maybe would be interesting to you.

Nope, thanks for the hint.

regards

-robert

Back to the top