Re: [pdt-dev] Customizing the PDT for Jaggery

hi Rajeeva,

PDT editor builds heavily on top of structured source editing API
(SSE, found in org.eclipse.wst.sse.ui plugin), which in turn builds on
top of Eclipse Text editor API.
HTML editor (in org.eclipse.wst.html.ui plugin) and Javascript editor
(in org.eclipse.jsdt.ui plugin) are also built on top of SSE API so
that in similar to PDT way, they implement similar mechanisms for HTML
and JS languages.
SSE uses document partitioning, so that each partition of edited file
can be handled by different plugins providing specific
highlighting/formatting/etc. for different languages

That's how it works from fairly high level. I'd recommend you look up
more about how SSE works.

Jacek