From: pdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:pdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Karol Gusak
Sent: Wednesday, July 20, 2011 7:28 PM
To: pdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [pdt-dev] How to prevent PDT to return unfiltered list of all possible proposals

Hello,

I'm using codeComplete() method from ISourceModule to get the
completion proposals for a PHP script. It works great, but in some
occasions PDT returns a big list of all proposals (for example, when
the caret position is just after the semicolon, or at the beginning of
empty line, and so on). Can I change this behavior? I'd like it to
return proposals only when the user already typed a part of the
method/field/keyword etc (or when he at least typed the dollar sign in
order to complete a variable), and return an empty array in each
situation when PDT would return all proposals it knows about. Is it
possible?

Thanks

Best Regards,
Karol