RE: [pdt-dev] for help

Hi,

Great start, I missed a “Matlab-style” programming style in Eclipse with PHP and this seems cool for students who want to start working with PHP and Eclipse but don’t really want the conservative “workspace” mode.

My comments about the requirements part:

1.       This component will enable common command lines such as copy / rename / cd / ls commands

2.       This component will enable “include path” addition so people can attach PHP frameworks or existing projects to their command line scope

3.       This component will enable fast result mode, i.e. if the command line doesn’t end with “;” the result of the _expression_ will be printed, if the command ends with “;” the result will not be printed

4.       This component will provide a new perspective called “PHP Runtime” which will provide the following views - “PHP Explorer”, “Command” , “Command history”, “Variables” views

5.       This component will enable debugging of commands

Implementation tips:

6.       We may re-use the infrastructure provided in org.eclipse.dltk.console / org.eclipse.dltk.console.ui

7.       Since we need to interact with the debugger for this we will need to have an API ” for these operations so both xdebug and zend debugger will be integrated.

Please feel free to share more information about the project, a wiki page will be nice resource to share this information in.

it probably needs to find the way to the PDT Incubator project.

Best regards,

Roy