RE: [pdt-dev] How to add code-completion for PHP Framework

Your context resolver (ICompletionContextResolver) should add a new a new context that detects the application view files (ICompletionContext) and then applies the strategy that provides these fields that were defined in the controller.

Roy

From: pdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:pdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Robert Gruendler
Sent: Monday, November 02, 2009 8:30 PM
To: pdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [pdt-dev] How to add code-completion for PHP Framework

Hi Roy,

i managed to add existing IMethods to the php code assistance using the completionStrategyFactory.

However, when adding types to ICompletionReporter using reporter.reportXXX(), the type i'm adding
must already exist in the model as far as i've understood.

I have a use case, where variables are added to view templates by the framework, using FrameworkController::set('a', 'b').

So basically this would look like this:

In the Controller:

$myObject = new MyObject();
$this->set('foo', $myObject);

In the view file:

$ | <-- in this completeion context, there should be a variable $foo
$foo-> | << in this context, foo should offer possible completions for the type MyObject.

Do i need to add additional ModelElements using some extensionPoint like PHPMixinVisitor during
the build, so i can add them later in the completionStrategy for this kind of completion?

best

-robert