[pdt-dev] How to add code-completion for PHP Framework

Hi all,

i'm trying to write an eclipse plugin for the Cakephp
framework, and i'd like to start off with some
additional framework-specific code assistance.

The framework uses a central "ClassRegistry" factory
for object instantiation. So, there's no "new" keyword for
some objects, for example:

$myObject = ClassRegistry::init('MyObject');

Basically i would like to give a hint to PDT that
the variable "$myObject" is an instance of the "MyObject"
class, which has already been loaded into the PDT Model,
so i guess i would simply point to the "MyObject" IType in
the Model somehow.

Could anyone give me a hint what would be the best method
to accomplish this? I've already had a look at the extension
points "completionStrategyFactories"/"completionContextResolvers"
and "goalEvaluatorFactories", but i'm not sure what's the best
way to hook into PDT for this kind of thing.

Thanks!

-robert

Back to the top