Re: [pdt-dev] Installation of 2.2.0M1 (2009/09/06)

Fixing site.xml locally won't help if you also have artifacts.jar and content.jar; also, if p2 has already scanned the site for metadata, you need to

Help > Install New > Available sites > select site > Test Connection

in order to refresh the updated metadata.

So from a testing POV, to do what you suggest requires:

a) unzip the archive
b) delete the artifacts.jar, content.jar
c) fix site.xml
d) re-zip the archive
e) test connection on the local archive site

The larger issue of why the site.xml is suddenly an incomplete XML document, and thus the metadata generated from it is invalid / missing... that's a bigger concern. Not sure what would have caused that.

Sebastian Henrich wrote:
Thanks for your help!

But there is still something wrong with the archived update site! The contents are only listed if "Group items by category" is unchecked during installation. I took a short look at the site.xml. It seems, that the opening <site> tag is missing. There is also no description included as before. Adding the missing <site> tag didn't bring up the contents if "Group items by category" is checked. So there must be another bug.

For a successful installation I had to place the org.h2_1.1.116.jar inside the dropins folder and add the DLTK All-In-1 update Site available at http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/download.php?file=/technology/dltk/downloads/drops/R2.0/S-2.0M1-200908200610/dltk-S-2.0M1-200908200610-updateSite.zip to my "Available Software Sites".

Best regards

à Sebastian Henrich