Re: [pdt-dev] Handling of user libraries

Hi Michael,

thanks for the tip.

the library resources got passed to our builder after adding it to the buildPath, not the include path, which brings up my next question:

I have tried to add our library both ways (manually, without usage of our plugin). I noticed that i get code assistance both when i add it to the include path and the build path. The only difference was that when adding it to the build path, a clean build took at least 10 times
longer than a clean build with having the library in the include path.

But as i've got code assistance both times, i assume that pdt must have been building a model of the library in both cases.

So what exactly is the difference between "Include Path" and "Build Path" ?

I guess i need to understand that concept before i can implement the model from our library ;)

thanks again !

-robert

Michael Spector schrieb:
I guess this should work this way:

1. StandardScriptBuilder, which is also a build participant runs first (always), and builds model elements for every build path entry (verify that your library is a part of the buildpath)

2. Your build participant runs after model for all build path entries is built, so you are able to "see" all PHP elements of a project & its dependencies.