Re: [pdt-dev] How to make PDT-Eclipse use Sun-JDK instead of GCJ

 > Last Question - How can I use my existing PDT-Eclipse also as a JAVA
IDE? I mean what needs to be downloaded and installed without disturbing my existing PDT settings ;-)

If you're using PDT 2.0, you'll want to install Eclipse 3.4 updates from the Ganymede site [1] for "Java Development Tools/Toolkit (JDT)". If you plan to develop plugins you'll want the Plugin Development Environment (PDE).

If you're using PDT 2.1, you'll want the Galileo site [2] to get Eclipse 3.5 updates.

[1] http://download.eclipse.org/releases/ganymede/
[2] http://download.eclipse.org/releases/galileo/

If you've never used Eclipse's Update system, read this:

http://wiki.eclipse.org/Equinox_p2_Update_UI_Users_Guide

And, if you hit any other problems, here's the best FAQ out there, IMHO:

http://wiki.eclipse.org/IRC_FAQ

Cheers,

--
Nick Boldt :: http://wiki.eclipse.org/User:Nickb
Release Engineer :: Eclipse Modeling & Dash Athena

Back to the top