Re: [pdt-dev] How to make PDT-Eclipse use Sun-JDK instead of GCJ

On Sun, Apr 26, 2009 at 9:44 PM, Parag Kalra <paragkalra@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
You can configure Eclipse to use a specific JRE when it runs (independent of what's installed/configured on Ubuntu)

I believe now I am using Sun-Java.
You can check it in: Help -> About Eclipse Platform -> Configuration Details. Look for "eclipse.vm", mine is: "eclipse.vm=/usr/lib/jvm/java-6-sun-1.6.0.13/jre/bin/../lib/i386/client/libjvm.so" so it's sun's java.

Do I still need to configure Eclipse to use specific JRE. If yes then please do tell me.
If you don't program in Java you most probably don't need changing anything in Eclipse's JRE settings.

I apologise if my questions are too childish. I have never used eclipse and never worked on Java. I am more of 'vim' editor lover.
It's good that there are still some of them left. ;)
I love it for console script editing but prefer better suited tools as IDEs and Eclipse is the best one IMHO.

--
Best regards,
Piotr Szczepanik

Back to the top