Cheers,
Parag

Dave Barry  - "The four building blocks of the universe are fire, water, gravel and vinyl."

On Sat, Apr 25, 2009 at 6:07 PM, Keith Roberts <keith@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Sat, 25 Apr 2009, Piotr Szczepanik wrote:

To: PDT Developers <pdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Piotr Szczepanik <piter75@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [pdt-dev] How to install 'org.eclipse.php_feature'

On Sat, Apr 25, 2009 at 9:53 AM, Parag Kalra <paragkalra@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Thanks Piotr.

I am planning to download following package:

http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/download.php?file=/tools/pdt/downloads/drops/2.0.0/R200812290607/pdt-all-in-one-linux-gtk-2.0.0GA.tar.gz

I believe it is compatible with Ubuntu 8.10

Do I need to un-install the eclipse I am already having or can I have both
the packages simultaneously running?

Hi Parag,
it is compatible with both 8.10 and 9.04.

You can have them both (Ubuntu packaged and manually extracted) installed in
the same system. There should be no problem. You just need to make sure that
you have sun's java installed for the downloaded one to work well. It may
also work with OpenJDK but will probably have problems with GCJ. I use
sun-java 1.6 as it just works.

--
Best regards,
Piotr Szczepanik

Yes - I can second that. on fedora 8/10 I use the official Eclipse 3.3.2 Europa download, with PDT 1.x

Works OK regardless of having the official fedora Eclipse installed.

I use Sum's Java as well. Some java apps don't work well with the IcedTea - Fedora'a GCJ java.

Another thing is I install one set of feature plugins in a seperate copy of Eclipse. Uses alot more disk space, but it helps when testing out a new plugin installation.

I do this so I don't break any existing working copies of Eclipse.

So ATM I have Eclipse-PDT, Eclipse-CDT, Eclipse-Java.

Then I just start the apropriate version for what I want to do.

Kind Regards,

Keith Roberts