[pdt-dev] Disabling auto-indentation

PDT folks ~

I’m looking for a way to do something that really should be fairly
simple, and so far I’m having no luck.
Simply put, I really dislike the indent format that eclipse uses by
default, and I’d like to disable all automatic indentation.
I’ve tried disabling / deleting all of the templates.  No dice.  I
have been through every one of the option menus trying to find
something relavent, to no avail.
All I want is to prevent eclipse from changing, e.g.

function doStuff()

                {
                | -(cursor here)

To…

function doStuff()
{
                | -(cursor here)
}

I know that I can set up specific templates, and I’ve had limited luck
doing that.  However, there are three problems with this method:
-          For simple code blocks (like if statements), it takes more
keystrokes to choose my custom template than it would take to just
write the code I want in a “dumb” editor.
-          I would have to think of every single situation in which I
might do something that eclipse will autocorrect, which is horribly
inefficient.
-          Even if I set up a template that puts the braces and cursor
in the right place, as soon as I type a recognized PHP keyword,
eclipse re-applies the unwanted indent.

Surely there must be a way to tell eclipse to stop trying to lay out
my code for me, but I can’t find it.
Thanks in advance for any help

Version info:
Eclipse Platform