[pdt-dev] Problem Exporting a Plugin with php.core Dependency - Steps to Reproduce

Hi all,

In an effort to resolve this, I have a set of steps for an extremely simple plug-in project that I would expect to build.  The end result is, however, the same as what I reported in my previous email.  Please, if you have a moment, see if these same steps also produce an error for you. If so, I believe there is a serious error somewhere.  If not, then I would love to know what I'm doing wrong.

Knowing that the steps below might be overly detailed for most of you, I will also provide a brief synopsis:

Setup an Eclipse install with the PDT plugins.  Use Eclipse's new plug-in project wizard to create a new plugin.  Add dltk.core and php.core dependencies.  Add the php.core.phpMixinBuildVisitors extension.  Add a new "visitor" to that extension.  Try to package the new plugin using Eclipse's plug-in export wizard.

Steps

1.  Use the PDT installation page (http://wiki.eclipse.org/PDT/Installation) to setup your Eclipse to include PDT and DLTK. I specifically followed the From Update Site set of instructions.

2.  Launch Eclipse (I am using 3.4.1) into a clean workspace

3.  Create a new plug-project (New > Plugin Project).  I named mine "com.test.php"  Click "Next", leaving all values at their default, until you reach the "Templates" page

4.  At the "Templates" page, select the "Hello, World" plugin as the template to use and click "Finish".

5.  The project is created and the plugin editor is open. Select the "Dependencies" tab and add the following two dependencies:

     a.  org.eclipse.dltk.core

     b.  org.eclipse.php.core

6.  Select the "Extensions" tab and click the "Add..." button.  Select org.eclipse.php.core.phpMixinBuildVisitors and press "Finish"

7.  Righ-click  iorg.eclipse.php.core.phpMixinBuildVisitors in the list of extensions and select "Add > visitor" from the context menu.

8.  Select the new "visitor" added and click the "class*" link found in the right column, just next to the list of extensions

9.  In the "New Java Class" dialog that appears, leave all values at their defaults and click "Finish"

10.  Make sure everything has been saved and has built without error

11. Right-click your new project (e.g. com.test.php), and select "Export..." from the context menu

12.  Select "Plug-in Development > Deployable plug-ins and fragments". Click "Next"

13.  Set an export directory destination, leave all other values at their default, and click "FInish"

I receive an error dialog pointing me to a generated log file. The log contains a single build error:

# 2/8/09 9:56:02 PM CST
# Eclipse Java Compiler 0.883_R34x, 3.4.1 release, Copyright IBM Corp 2000, 2008. All rights reserved.
1. ERROR in C:\export\com.test.php\src\com\test2\php\PHPMixinBuildVisitorExtension.java (at line 4)
    org.eclipse.php.core.PHPMixinBuildVisitorExtension {
org.eclipse.php cannot be resolved to a type
1 problem (1 error)

Does anyone else see this problem?  Where is the error in this process?

Thanks,

William